How many times have you explicitly given an assignment to a student and they come back the next week unable to replicate the teaching goals?
Having taught the violin for 20 years, this was a familiar scenario for me, and it led to the creation of the materials in the Teacher’s Toolkit collection from Music for Young Violinists. This resource will help students practice the correct way independently so they achieve optimal results with their hard work and home practice time.
This 70 page *eBook contains the following materials:
1- Nine Progressive Sight Reading Exercises + Five Step Approach to Teaching Sight Reading Charts
2- Eight Scales & Twinkles in the Keys of C & G, D & A, Bb & F, A & E Major (organized in pairs to teach correlating finger patterns)
3- Subdivision Worksheets & Practice Guides:
- May Song
- Dona Nobis Pacem (with fingerings & without fingerings)
- Concerto No. 2 in D Major, 3rd Mvmt., F. Seitz, (Measures 68-83)
- Concerto in D Minor, Mvmt. I, J.S. Bach
4- Composition, Third Position, Ring Tones, Visual Formatting, Solfège, High/Low 2nd Fingers, Rondo Form Puzzle & Staff Paper:
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star & May Song Comparison Worksheet
- Third Position Study Sheet
- Ring, Ring, Ring (Ringtone Study for Violinists)
- La Folia Theme
- Do-Re-Mi Song
- Study for High & Low 2nd Fingers
- Martini Gavotte Puzzle
- Staff Paper (5 Sizes)
6. Free Charts & Materials - The materials in this portion of The Violin Teacher's Toolkit are not under copyright protection as the rest of this collection. Violin teachers can print as many copies as they need of the resources included here in the Free Charts & Materials section for use in educational settings. All of these materials are also available on the M4YV FREEBIES page.
- Staff Paper (various sizes)
- Add-a-note scales: A Major & G Major
- Chart: How to Sight Read
- *Chart: 15 Tips to Optimize Violin Practice
- *Chart: How to Teach Violin: Solve Problems Strategically with Senses and Brain Hemispheres
- *Charts: How to Buy a Used Violin & Quality Inspection Checklist
- *Charts: Finger Patterns
- *Chart: Quick Tip for Relieving Performance Nerves
Digital version is available to download immediately after purchase. Simply log in to your SHAR account, click "My Account" in the top navigation bar, and select "My Digital Library". All digital sheet music purchased from SHAR will be available in your Digital Library to view/download to your computer or connected devices.