Finally, comfort AND performance in a shoulder rest.
Every violinist or violist has a pre-performance ritual: you clamp on your shoulder rest, tune your instrument, and play a few scales to warm up. Then you visualize the perfect concert. Your tone is clear and your projection powerful.
However, not all performances go as well as you imagine. Perhaps you miss a few notes or your projection isn't where it should be. Halfway through the performance, your neck begins to ache. The designers at AcoustaGrip want to change this cycle and allow violinists and violists to perform with confidence -- every time. Using simple but brilliant advances in design, the AcoustaGrip Shoulder Rest attaches securely underneath your instrument and adjusts to the shape of your shoulder, increasing volume and overtones by up to 20%. Here's how it works:
- Microgrip Technology: Violinists and violists stay away from adhesive shoulder rests because glue of any kind could damage the instrument's varnish. The AcoustaGrip Shoulder Rest is different. Using hundreds of tiny Microgrip suction cups, the AcoustaGrip anchors itself to your instrument using nothing but air and its revolutionary surface.
- Responsive Comfort: Even contoured shoulder rests will restrict your range of motion. What's more, you adjust to the contour of the shoulder rest, not the other way around. AcoustaGrip's responsive, layered foam forms to the shape of your shoulder, allowing greater range of motion and serious comfort.
- No Clamps Means Fuller Sound: The sound post, base bar, and blocking of your instrument magnify and direct the sounds made by drawing your bow across the strings. When you hook rubber clamps to your violin or viola's blocking, you inevitably dampen your instrument's projection. That's why the AcoustaGrip Shoulder Rest attaches securely to the base of the instrument, avoiding the instrument's major acoustic components.
The violin and viola were originally designed to be held between the shoulder and the chin, not by their edges. Now, with the AcoustaGrip Shoulder Rest, you can play your instrument the way it was intended!
- Microgrip Technology - Responsive, Two-Layer Foam - No Clamps - For 1/2-1/10 size violins or small violas - Measurements: 4.75" L x 2.5" W x .5" H
- AcoustaGrip Shoulder Rest - Cleaning Sponge - Instruction and Care Manual
1-Year Limited Warranty This item comes with SHAR's 1 year warranty covering defects of workmanship or materials. General wear and tear or mis-use are not covered. Non-transferable.
30-Day No Hassle Return Policy If you are not satisfied with this item for any reason, you may return it for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
If you have any questions about this product's warranty or to make a return, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800.793.4334 or email us at [email protected]