SHAR has helped create connections and opportunities that as a violinist, teacher, and musician I my not have had elsewhere.
- Rebecca Appert, Class of 2006
The SHAR Apprenticeship is a 10-month position created to offer the highest level of service to the string community. By hiring recent music school graduates, each with years of knowledge in their field, SHAR is able to provide excellent support to our customers while offering a career step that is challenging, educational, interesting, fun and ultimately very rewarding.
Apprentices at SHAR serve many roles and will work in several different departments of the company assisting customers. The program is based out of the SHAR Contact Center where Apprentices spend most of their time. It’s in our Contact Center where each Apprentice will answer customer calls and assist customers by using their extensive knowledge of classical music and instruments. This will include taking calls, answering emails, and being in touch with professionals and parents alike.
The SHAR Apprenticeship offers recent graduates exposure to real business, sales and marketing situations while staying directly involved with the classical music world.
Program Benefits & Perks
The SHAR Apprenticeship offers a fair and competitive total compensation package geared toward musicians.
- Competitive Hourly Wage & Full Health Benefits
- Paid Practice Time
- Monthly Showroom Allowance for String Accessories
- Monthly Performance Bonuses
- Moving Expense Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement and bonus for grade of A or better at most business classes Washtenaw Community College
- Performance Audition Travel Reimbursement
- National Trade Shows and Conferences